Print This Publication

Cold Corpses—Pragya Suman




Dr Pragya Suman is a doctor by profession and an award winning author from India.  

She won the Gideon poetry award for poetry of her debut book Lost Mother and Poet of the Year Award, Ukiyoto Publishing, Canada for her second prose poetry book, Photonic Postcard.

Dr Pragya Suman is Editor in Chief, Arc Magazine, India.


Cold  Corpses


As long as     

                    the people around me           turning  up


In cold corpses    

                             tucked in white shroud           I step up


A ladder more    

                              And stalagmite of my soul    chiseled up–


But the exceptions         

                          

Erected on bier     mother’s decked in marigolds


Father’s big toe peeping out 

    

 brother’s lower jaw elevated     one by one


They all went


 I saw and ran  up       covered


Bunch of  steps  in one  leap       leaving       beneath  the  earthlings. 


People of walking world/mocks me/mad mattoid one


                but  I  am  alive  in  my  senses among dead ones.


Comments

Popular Posts