Print This Publication

Poems—Kunal Roy



The Rainy Mood


I was sitting by the window,

the lazy sun streamed in,

cultivated the positive energy

only to stay for a short while!

All of a sudden ,

there was a change.

A change in the nature.

The skies became dark,

the winds blew furiously,

the rains descent.

Rains that touched the edges of the grass,

rains that welcomed me.

I couldn't stop myself,

I rushed into the rains 

drenched myself to the feet!

A freshness prevailed.

But there was a reason: 

love awaited me,

grace poured on me,

I believed I was not alone.

The rains stopped, after a while

the reverie was broken.

A journey began anew!

A journey of crudeness

Fantasies forgotten -

hope remained,

mine soul enkindled a radiance,

ecstatic I was, at least for a while! 


Ocean


The blue expanse,

meeting at the distance,

known as horizon.

The sun falls,

the waves glitter,

lash against the shore,

break -

but never tired of the act! 

A lesson of endurance,

taught to the mortal souls

who live faraway in the city! 


I stand alone,

mesmerised,

Overwhelmed by -

the screeching of gulls

who have learnt to fly new! 

The kingfisher

in quest of fish,

the pelicans and others

dot the sands of uncertainty! 

Sculpture is made

with care and love,

wash away -

by the tides of cruelty! 


The God with his spouse

resides too,

on the same ocean

above the Heavens! 

I adore the tranquil waters,

I adore the fathomless gift,

I adore the endurance,

I adore the kiss planted on the sky,

I adore your presence,

making us realize -

how puny we are,

before the endlessness!!

Comments

Popular Posts