Print This Publication

"At times A random read, At times, A re-read" by Amita Sanghavi

 


Amita Sanghavi teaches English at Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman. She holds an MA English Literature from University of Mumbai where she was the receiver of the Dr. Colaco award for TESOL.

In England, she has successfully completed MA TESOL from Lancaster University, UK as a Hornby Scholar Award winner from British Council India. She also holds a full time B.Ed degree and B.A in English Literature and topped her college from University of Mumbai and has topped M.Phil in English Literature from SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai. She has presented research papers worldwide, including USA, Japan, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Malaysia, Egypt, Oman. Her poetry has been published in several publications. She has judged several Poetry recitation, Debate and Elocution competitions and regularly writes a column articles in University In house publication, ‘Imprint’.

Her first book of poetry, ‘Lavender Memories’ was published in 2018 and launched in the Indian Embassy Muscat. She has recently co-edited an Anthology of World Peace Poetry, entitled “WORLD PEACEATHON POETRY (2020)’, published by World Poetry Canada featuring 92 contributors in 9 languages.

She was honored the Ambassador of Poetry to Oman by World Poetry Canada by Canada in 2019.

She is also pronounced as the Representative of Poetry to Oman by the Art Movement Immagine & Poesia, Italy.

She is currently working on three more books of poetry and recently was invited as a Motivational speaker and poet by Prescott, USA. She recently read her poetry at CELCE poetry event, University of Leeds UK



 

At times

A random read,

At times,

A re-read,

At times

A hasty skim,

Or rush-read the end,

Sometimes dog ear

Page seventy-seven,

At times read aloud,

Sometimes I highlight,

At times I underline

Or I scribble a question mark,

And sometimes I just sigh.

At times in entirety,

It stays within me

Other times I need it

Visible, grab-able

In my arm’s vicinity,

Sometimes I clutch it

And cry;

And some pages

Make me smile-

At times for comfort, I visit

And re-visit and re-read;

A rapid read,

A thorough read,

Soak in it or sip it

Word by word

Or line by line,

Romp from page to page

Or recite for delight-

I light up in their presence,

They are my life’s essence,

I never cease to seize

A few off the rack,

Hold them, hug them

Overload them in my backpack,

With a true sense of

Togetherness immense,

I revere each book

With love intense.

Comments

Popular Posts