Print This Publication

Today—Akash Sinha

Akash Sinha is a freelance copywriter and an exsistentialist poet residing in Kolkata. You can reach him at akashsinha1010@gmail.com


Today ( A tribute to Leonard Cohen )


This rotating domino in my cranium. This drooping head. These resigned shoulders. Hung in guilt. In conspiracy with gravity. In unholy alliance with the guillotine.

This me. A lonesome palm tree. This I. An isolated sand heap. Ravaged by winds and ghouls.

A sad lamp. Gazing yellow sickness. The squeaky glass looks inwards, half veiled by sooty curse.

An old lamp, sits in regal solitude. Serious, heavy and solemn like a contemplating monk.

An ancient teak chair. Fractured yet dignified. Rests on itself like an old army veteran. Strong and obstinate, sure of its presence in time, sits doubtless.

My faded cotton vest, bloating and deflating under my snoring belly.

These restless events in this settled lacuna.

I am immediately next to me. I am immediately next to isness. I am what immediately follows pure rest.

Them useless books. Their hardcovers swallowing jargon and junkyard. Those poor incomplete sods.

Who is what when nothing is?

I am the mad king who fights happenings. My madness has cost me my sleep. Yet I do not learn.

Comments

Popular Posts