Print This Publication

Haiku–Jennifer Gurney

 



Jennifer Gurney lives in Colorado where she teaches, paints, writes and hikes. Her poetry has appeared in a variety of journals, including Kolkata Arts, The Ravens Perch, HaikUniverse, Haiku Corner, Cold Moon Journal, Scarlet Dragonfly and The Haiku Foundation.


Haiku


***


is it possible

to fall further in love with

the memory of you?


***


through the cracks

time moves on

marking seasons


***


hot, fresh tears

warm my cheeks –

my grief liquified


***


stumbling upon words

that turn into poems –

my life


***



your clothes hang

in my closet, still –

your scent my company


***


riding out turbulence–

Pachabel in my ear,

seat belt buckled


***


flying through the time zones–

I gain extra hours 

of daylight


***


nearly every 

shining moment of my life

involves you


***


autumn --

when I miss Michigan

the most



***


lying on the hill

grass tickling the length of me --

relishing green days

Comments

Popular Posts