Print This Publication

Regarding Your Critique—Keith Hoerner





Published in 100+ literary journals across five continents, Keith Hoerner (BS, MFA) is founding editor of the Webby Award-recognized Mircrofiction e-zine / print anthology: The Dribble Drabble Review. A Best of the Net nominee, he is also a Best Book and American Writing Award Finalist.


Regarding Your Critique 


You shared 

your writing 

with me. 


An extension 

of friendship, 

like a handshake. 


More like the 

reaching out 

of hands 


with the chance to be held 

– or swatted – 

open palmed. 


Sharing… 

emptying pockets 

to reveal 


hidden things 

among the embarrassment 

of collected lint, 


is a 

dangerous 

proposition. 


Your shadows 

merged 

with mine, 


achieving the density 

of darkness 

that brings on the dawn. 


How can I thank you? 

For selflessly taking my hands 

and guiding me 


to an unknown resting place 

within the pages 

of you. 


I spoke in an attempt 

to reciprocate. 

My words: 


sandpaper 

to your beach 

of memory. 


Comments

Popular Posts